Infection Control Training for Healthcare Professionals in New York State
Temporary Price Reduction - See additional information below
The Infection Control Training for Healthcare Professionals in New York State online course fulfills the mandatory every 4-year infection control training requirement for licensed healthcare professionals such as: doctors, RN and LPNs, physician assistants, specialist assistants, dentists, dental hygienists, optometrists, podiatrists, and medical students and residents.
Advantedge Education, Inc. is an approved New York State infection control provider and was assigned provider number IC179.
Learners will receive information about principles and practices for effective infection control across settings and requirements in law, rules and regulations in the state of New York. Additionally, the recommended guidelines from established organizations such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) are provided. A few of the topics covered include:
- Hand hygiene
- Healthcare-acquired infections
- Personal protective equipment
- Injection safety
- Disinfection and sterilization
- Occupational health
- Sepsis awareness
Effective July 1, 2018 a new element "Sepsis Awareness and Education" is a required component of the NYS-mandated infection control and barrier precautions coursework.
Are you required to take this course? Visit the New York State Education Department website for more information.
- Identify the professional's responsibilities for infection control in healthcare settings.
- Describe strategies to prevent the spread of pathogenic organisms in healthcare settings.
- Explain the engineering and work practice controls that result in reduced exposures to potentially infectious materials in healthcare settings.
- Identify barrier or personal protective equipment used for preventing exposure to potentially infectious material.
- Identify infection control practices for cleaning, disinfection and sterilization that will maintain a safe patient care environment.
- Identify occupational health strategies to prevent and control infectious and communicable diseases in healthcare workers.
- Recognize early warning signs of sepsis to initiate rapid treatment methods.
Temporary Pricing. We are in the process of fully renovating this course so that we can apply for Continuing Medical Education credit, in addition to nursing contact hours. During this time, the course will be offered at a discounted rate. Please note that nursing contact hours will not be awarded if you complete this course. The course will continue to satisfy the New York State mandated infection control requirement.
Daily transfer to New York State Education Department. We securely transfer your record of course completion to the New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions, every day at 5:30 pm EST. Please contact us if you have any questions about the transfer. As part of this process we are required to collect additional personal information to match your state application with course completion.
Certificate of completion. In order to receive a certificate of completion, you must complete all sections of the course, pass the exam with at least an 80%, and submit an electronic evaluation form.
Adobe Flash Player 10.3 plus any of these web browsers:
Windows: Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version), Internet Explorer 8 and later
Mac: Safari 7 and later, Google Chrome (latest version)
Mobile/HTML5: Safari in Apple iOS 7 and later, Google Chrome (latest version) in Android OS 4.1 and later
Note: Smart phones are not recommended due to length of the course.